Support Troubleshooting Guide
Review the list of situations that may cause problems and try one of the possible solutions. If you continue to have concerns, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with suggestions based on your unique situation.
The Google Play store or Apple App store does not have FieldAware Mobile
Some Android and IOS devices may not be compatible with our application. Here is a list of the minimum supported requirements:
- DUAL CORE 1ghz processor or better
- 1 gigabyte of RAM or more
- Android Operating system of 5.0 or higher
- Apple iOS operating system of version 9 or higher
- iPhone model 5 or higher
- iPAD2, iPAD Mini or iPAD Air
A ‘New User’ did not get the validation email:
- Verify that the email address used was entered in without errors or extra spaces, the correct email address was entered and that it is not a duplicate email address
- Have the user check their spam or bulk email box as it may be caught in a spam filter.
- Resend the validation email by clicking on the user’s name in the UNREGISTERED Tab and then SAVE.
A field mobile user is unable to login:
- Verify that you have a good, solid data connection to download the mobile app by going to the web browser on your device and accessing the internet or view a YouTube video, if you can stream with no lag your data is on.
- Re-verify your User Email with your FieldAware service contact or operator.
- If unsure of your Password, click ‘Forgotten your password?’ link to reset your password.
A field mobile user is unable to sync:
- Ensure the office has not made any changes to your active working job.
- Make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of FieldAware by going to the FieldAware application on your mobile device, tap Settings to view your version number, and then compare the version numbers with the version offered in the Apple App or Google Play store.
- Check that you are running the most current version of the mobile device software or firmware.
- Verify that you have a good, solid data connection and that you are not moving in and out of a connection.
- Turn your device on and then off again. It is recommended to turn off your device and back on once a day. It doesn’t have to be off for more than 10-15 seconds to make a great deal of difference in how your device behaves.
- If you have a significant number of applications running you could be running low on available memory, try force -stopping (“killing the app”) applications that you aren’t using.
- Clear the database on your Android mobile device by going to Settings | Select the FieldAware application, and then ‘Clear Data’
- If all else fails manually back up any information created after your last sync, by taking screenshots of the pages and then uninstall and reinstall the application.
An office web user has problems with the display of FieldAware:
- Are you using Internet Explorer? If so it is HIGHLY recommended that you discontinue and use Mozilla Firefox www.firefox.com or Google Chrome www.google.com/chrome for your browser instead. Internet Explorer is not compatible with our web and mobile functionality. When downloading Firefox or Chrome, do not allow Internet Explorer to retain or import settings.
- If you are having problems displaying content (no drop down menus, formatting, blank pages) try clearing cookies and cache. Use the following steps to clear:
- Try using this shortcut Ctrl-Shft-Delete
- You’ll want to check the boxes selected above to clear the information, and then click Enter.
- If it has been a few days since you’ve turned off your PC it is also a good idea to turn it off every couple of days if possible
- A pop-up blocker may be preventing your viewing drop down options.
- Disable your pop up blocker by selecting the ‘Turn Off Pop-up Blocker’ to disable the functionality
An office web user is experiencing slow load times or poor page response:
- Close all unnecessary tabs and running applications. If many apps are open, your computer could be running low on memory.
- Follow Recommended Browser Maintenance - To ensure the smoothest FieldAware experience, it is a good idea to make sure your browser is up to date, as well as perform some basic maintenance from time to time. Use Mozilla Firefox www.firefox.com or Google Chrome www.google.com/chrome for the best performance and follow some basic maintenance tips:
- Empty browsing data by removing cache and cookies, and then close the browser and reopen.
- Close unneeded browser tabs
- Uninstall unused applications
- On the SCHEDULER page, restrict unassigned past jobs to selected date range by toggling OFF the option in COMPANY Scheduler Settings.
- Apply and configure the SCHEDULER filters
A field mobile user or office web user needs additional training:
Live monthly online group webinars include admin, dispatch, iOS or Android specific field tech classes. Sign up online at www.fieldaware.com/resources/webinars/. Payment by credit card only.
Refresh training is needed company-wide:
Schedule customer specific webinars or onsite classes by sending an email to email@example.com