Clear Firefox Browser Cache and Cookies
Firefox is one of the recommended browsers for FieldAware. A browser is the user interface that assists as you browse, navigate and read web pages. Many times when changes or an update is made to a web page, the clearing of cache and cookies is recommended. The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites you visit in order to speed up your browsing experience. Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status.
Clear the Cache and Cookies
1. Use a shortcut by pressing the Shift, Ctrl, and Delete keys together while on the Firefox browser or click Setting | Options > Privacy > click blue link “clear your recent history”
2. Select ‘Time range to clear:’ as ‘Everything’ from the drop down and open Details.
3. Check Cookies and Cache boxes
4. Click Clear Now
5. Close all instances of the Firefox browser. Save any data prior to closing browser.
6. Re-open Firefox and log back into FieldAware.
Automatically Clear the Cache and Cookies
You can set Firefox to automatically clear the cache when Firefox closes:
- Click Settings and choose Options.
3.In theHistorysection, setFirefox will:toUse custom settings for history.
4.Select the check box forClear history when Firefox closes.
5.BesideClear history when Firefox closes, click thebutton.
6.In the Settings for Clearing History window, put a check mark next toCache and one next to Cookies.
7.Click to close the Settings for Clearing History window.