Advanced System Reporting
The Advanced System Ad Hoc Reports Platform provides an end-to-end analytics solution for capturing data and enables the ad-hoc querying of the data for user-defined reports of previously unavailable insights. All operational components of this platform are stored and executed in the cloud, enabling significant architectural features, performance benefits, and overall reduced total cost of ownership.
Your role as an Editor for Ad Hoc Reports provides you the ability to customize dashboards and reports and review data. While editors can review defined variables, they cannot create or modify them. Editors cannot view other editor’s data or invite new project members to the platform.
Editors can access all features that are available to dashboard viewers and can also carry out the following tasks:
- Customize existing dashboards and create new dashboards
- View data model, datasets and project elements, such as facts, attributes, metrics, and variables.
- Edit project attributes (for example, add drill paths), edit project metrics, and create new metrics by aggregating project facts.
- Customize existing reports and create new reports
Select this link for additional detail on How to Navigate the System Reporting Platform
Create a System Ad Hoc Report
An Ad Hoc Report provides visualization of system data. All ad hoc reports contain at least one metric (what is being measured) and often contain one or more attributes (dictating how that metric is broken down). A chart or table of metric(s) is designed to surface meaningful analytics for review. Create ad hoc reports and then add them to a dashboard for viewing.
Report categories include the following:
- Headline – Display of a single, key metric with no attributes. Typically, headlines are displayed at the top of a dashboard to summarize a metric.
- Chart or Table – Select from a set of chart types to display different types of data in a table or a graph.
Quickly and easily modify a report or create a new report using the Report Editor. The Report Editor enables editing or creation of reports through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
A dashboard is a primary window through which you and others gain insights into the reporting data. A dashboard contains one or many reports, embedded web content, text headlines and other elements that collectively deliver a reporting solution.
The nesting of one or more dashboards segmented into dashboard tabs enables the reuse of reports built on metrics using facts and attributes located in the raw data from the system as illustrated in the following graphic. Dashboards are then viewed by your company users with the appropriate permissions enabled.
Here are a few of the features of a dashboard.
- A dashboard contains one or more dashboard tabs. Dashboard tabs are useful for grouping elements by theme, audience, department or region. A dashboard tab contains one or more reports, as well as other widgets, web content, and elements.
- A report is built in the Report Editor and configured for display in one of the available report or chart types. Reports are created using metrics for calculation of facts and attributes for segmentation.
- A dashboard filter enables the filtering of report data based on a specified parameter value or range of values.
- Dashboard viewers are able to drill into and across data to display the underlying reports or detail. Drills may be available on titles, values, or labels in individual reports.
- Dashboard viewers can download reports for local review and sharing