Email Options on Jobs
On the job or quote record, select the Email button to send an email with a link or Portable Document Format (PDF) attachment(s). When sent by email, PDFs contain details such as job/quote ID, customer address, job lead and crew, job description, task attachments and notes, and work details based on your company preferences. The details of the job or quote can be sent to customer and/or crew recipients.
Preferences are set in the PDF/Email Settings accordion within COMPANY settings for display of cost, price, and time columns. Moreover, the ability to display attachment names and captions, embed images, link attachments and set reply to addresses is controlled within the PDF/ Email Settings accordion. If ‘Provide Options at Time of Print/Email’ is chosen then you will view selectable checkboxes for each option. Options will default to the setting in company settings, but will be editable. In addition, they will respect the user’s permission settings.
- Show Costs - Enable to show or hide the costs columns on the customer emailed PDF. PDF’s emailed to the crew respect the user roles and rights.
- Show Prices - Enable to show or hide the prices columns on the customer emailed PDF. PDF’s emailed to the crew respect the user roles and rights.
- Show Times - Enable to show or hide a table of job/quote status events such as active, paused, and completed and their date & time stamp.
- Embed Image Attachments as Thumbnails in PDF - When enabled in settings, all images will be embedded. Image attachments must be in one of the following formats: tiff, png, jpeg, or gif.
- Display Attachment Names and Captions - When enabled in settings, all attachment names and captions will display underneath their associated task.
- Link Attachments to Email - When emailing a Job or Quote PDF, a link will be included in the body of the email. The link will activate a zip file of attachments.
- Show Task Details - Select from dropdown to show or hide the task notes and/or description on the PDF.
- Reply-to Address - Set a reply-to email address to ensure questions from customers and crew concerns are answered timely and accurately. An email reply-to address can be set to the Job Lead’s user email, custom set to a company email box, or both. Set the specific reply to addresses in settings | COMPANY |PDF/Email Settings.
Tips and Techniques
Consider the following tips and techniques as you manage jobs.
- Select the ‘Show Costs’ and the ‘Show Price’ checkboxes to display all pricing columns. When neither is selected, only the quantity column displays.
- Set the PDF options and specific reply to addresses in settings | COMPANY | PDF/Email Settings.
- Display the Task Notes within the task details on a Job PDF, Quote PDF, or an Invoice PDF.