Items are the materials, products, parts, inventory, consumable tools, and supplies used to complete a job or prepare a quote. Having a universal items list helps you create and maintain consistent item names, descriptions, and pricing. If an item is changed, the items list will automatically be updated company-wide.
Items can be created in multiple ways:
- Using NEW ITEMS sub tab
- From the mobile application (Detailed information on creating Items while out in the field will included in the mobile documents)
- Importing via CSV (comma separated value) file
Consider the following tips and techniques when you create items.
- If your company performs multiple types of services, try creating a unique and easy way of organizing your items. For example, if you perform HVAC and plumbing services, use a naming convention as a prefix to the items for each group. Example: Plumb-1/2’’ elbow and HVAC- Filters- 20x24x1.
- Items are associated to tasks
- Items can be added to tasks as they are worked on a job
- Items can be added to tasks on quotes
- Items can be added to a task in a task group
- Barcodes are not created by FieldAware and should be created prior to scanning.
- Any Item Custom Field when enabled in settings à CUSTOM FIELDS can be added to the item in the field.