Manage and Export Invoices
Manage and export invoices using the INVOICES tab. Once an invoice is created, you can edit, print, email, or export the invoice data to an accounting system like QuickBooks, Sage, Great Plains, or NetSuite. The invoice record is accessible from the invoice ID that is system-generated at the time an invoice is initially created. By managing your invoices, you can easily locate invoices by job status, job lead, or customer within a defined date period. Take instant action to edit, print, or resend the invoice via email directly from the invoice record.
Export invoices to your accounting system in either of the following file format types:
- A CSV (Comma Separated Values) text file
- A QuickBooks native IIF (Intuit Import) file
The following settings affect managing and exporting invoices:
- Company Invoice, PDF/Email, Cost, Labor, Invoice Numbering, Tax Settings, and Invoice Terms and Conditions. Review for display options, costing, labor rates, tax rates, GL Account defaults, and format of Terms and Conditions.
- ROLES & RIGHTS Invoices setting area enable permissions to create, delete, view invoices list, update, view invoice record, export, print, and email from the web.
Manage and export invoices from the following areas:
- Invoice Record - Access from View Invoice button on an invoiced job or quote, select an underlined Invoice ID on the Invoices List or Search for an Invoice ID using the Search in Invoices selection within Quick Search.
- Invoices List – Select an Invoice ID to access an invoice record, Multi-select invoices for Export to CSV, Multi-select invoices for Export to QuickBooks, or Multi-select invoices for Print actions.
Consider the following tips and techniques when you manage or export invoices.
- The date on an Invoice Record cannot be altered once an invoice is created.
- Monitor the Exported to QuickBooks grid column and the Exported to CSV grid column to determine invoices that have not been exported to an accounting system.
- Change the invoice numbering to move ahead the numbering sequence in COMPANY à Job, Quote, Customer & Invoice Numbering. Start new number forward of the most recent Invoice ID. Numbering must remain in sequence and cannot return to a previous number.
- CSV files are simple text files containing tabular data. Each field in the file is separated from the next by a comma. Most spreadsheets support this format, although you can create and edit CSV files with any text editor. Files in the CSV format end with the .csv suffix.
- IIF files are Intuit import files specifically designed for import into a QuickBooks account. Files in the IIF format end with the .iif suffix. Select .iif export when it is a basic import into QuickBooks.
- If your company uses a Time and Materials pricing strategy, the zero cost on a task will default to blank on the Job, Quote, and Invoice PDFs.
- The ‘Comment’ field on the invoice record displays as ‘Invoice Notes’ on the PDF
- The PRE and POST WORK SIGNATURE images captured on the mobile will display on the Invoice PDF
- The invoice Total Due will appear on the Invoice PDF above the line items and just below your company information
- Invoice Terms and Conditions will be included on the Invoice PDF
- IMPORT/EXPORT sub tab | Export Invoices – Select QuickBooks Invoice IIF or Custom FieldAware Export Invoice CSV
Manage invoices to optimize your billing process and receive payments faster. Include task notes as well as your company logo on your printed or emailed invoices. Export invoices to QuickBooks as an IIF file or to another accounting system as a CSV file.