Control your Data with Exports
Control Your Account Data with Exports
The IMPORT/EXPORT function offers access to your information and history. This open design provides you complete control of your data. Import and/or export customers, locations, contacts, items, tasks, assets, suppliers, jobs, quotes, job history, invoices, and users records -- all with total transparency.
- Select the settings button above the Quick Search in the upper right corner of the FieldAware page.
- Then the IMPORT/EXPORT subtab.
Manage your account data using the Export function. Account data is the information or records you use in FieldAware to create invoices, manage your customer information, create timesheets, and numerous additional activities. Export function is available from the following areas:
- IMPORT/EXPORT sub tab – Used to export customers, items, tasks, assets, suppliers and invoices out of FieldAware. By clicking on the given link, a Comma Separated Values (CSV) or Intuit Import File (IIF) file will be downloaded directly to your computer.
- List Views - Use the export options from the list views of Jobs & Quotes, Customers, Contacts, Locations, Tasks, Items, Assets, Invoices, and Users. Each List View allows users to export information via PDF (Portable Document Format) or CSV (Comma Separated Value). See the ‘’Navigating FieldAware’ document for additional details on exporting from list views.
- Invoice List View - When exporting from the Invoices List view use either the export using the Export to CSV or Export to QuickBooks multi-select buttons or the ‘Export all’ button that appears next to the PDF icon. See the ‘Managing and Exporting Invoices’ document for additional details on exporting Invoices.
- Users List or User Record Timesheet Exports – When exporting from the Users List select the multi-select button to Export Timesheet to CSV or Export Timesheet to PDF. On the User Record select to view the timesheet, and then select Export. See the ‘Managing Users’’ for additional details on exporting timesheets.
The focus of this document is the export from the IMPORT/EXPORT tab.
The following settings affect exporting data:
- Company Import/Export settings for Invoice CSV Export Format or Import Export Encoding
- ROLES & RIGHTS Import/Export setting area to enable permission to view imports and exports from the web.
Tips and Techniques
Consider the following tips and techniques when you export data from your account.
- Any and all of your data can be exported at any time by selecting the appropriate export link.
- To download all the records for customers, locations, contacts, items, tasks, assets, suppliers, or users select the Custom FieldAware Export CSV link beside the area you wish to export.
- The datasets that you export from FieldAware will be in a .csv or .iif file format.
- Use the Export Locations CSV file to update your existing locations
- Use the Export Contacts CSV file to update your existing contacts
- Use the Export Users CSV file to update your existing users
- Invoice Export options will access the Invoices List view to use either the export using the Export to CSV or Export to QuickBooks multi-select buttons or the ‘Export all’ button that appears next to the PDF icon.
- When exporting from the Users List select the multi-select button to Export Timesheet to CSV or Export Timesheet to PDF.
- On the User Record select to view the timesheet, and then select Export.