Manage and Track Assets
The asset management features in FieldAware provides companies a way to keep track of customer equipment by make, model, serial number, manufacturer, and location or even by custom fields that you define. It offers the following benefits:
- Documenting the make, model number, serial number, manufacturer and warranty information plus retaining scheduled service with a link to the actual job provide a complete picture of the asset condition and maintenance.
- Barcode scanning to search and locate asset information faster
- The cost of maintaining their assets can be much higher than customers realize so the asset data can be set to offer maintenance programs.
- Reducing asset downtime and related cost is the greatest argument for planned maintenance versus unplanned maintenance so proactively predict the life cycle of an asset and communicate that to you customer.
Consider the following tips and techniques as you manage and track assets
- The Asset Name Compressor could be used multiple times for different customers or multiple units owned by the same customer. In the second example, you can number the units such as Compressor 6, Compressor 7, Compressor 8, etc.
- Custom Fields must first be defined in settings à CUSTOM FIELDS à Assets to appear on entry form. Refer to the document on how to create custom fields for additional information.
- Tax name, rate and tax group must first be defined in settings à COMPANY à Tax Settings to appear in dropdown
- Asset Area Examples: HD 60” Television is on 3rd row, west side of store, Aisle 5 Row 3 second shelf from the bottom, or Behind the utility shed on the northeast corner of the lot
- A tip for all dropdown select fields is to enter a letter or a few letters to jump to that choice in the list.
- Maintenance Example is ‘Leaves and grass clipping are preventing outdoor air conditioning unit from functioning efficiently’.
- You cannot undo the Delete action.
- Dispatch Jobs to multiple assets using the Assets List multi-action function.
- Job/Quote custom fields will display as an option on the Schedule à Display Grid Column dropdown
- Barcodes are not created by FieldAware and should be created prior to scanning.
Managing and tracking assets requires permissions ‘Enable Asset View’, ‘Enable Asset List’, ‘Enable Asset Update’ and ‘Enable Asset Delete’ in either ‘Role or User Roles & Rights’ security settings enabled.